KStars/EKOS crashing when imaging; Astroberry, RPi 4-4GB

• Thank you received: 1

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

• Thank you received: 12
Hi Pete,

just tried the same thing on my astroberry and find a similar thing. 400 “images” and over a gig of memory is used up.

What I’ve noticed is that it’s the buffer/cache entry that appears to be increasing as free goes down. Not sure if that’s a problem or not as the system my as well use free memory as cache.

Regards

Nigel
2 years 4 months ago #82947

• Thank you received: 114
if you use basic free shell command then "free" really means totally unused memory. what you should look at is available as OS can easily free most of memory occupied by cache.
What I don't get is why swap is going up. I don't think this is memory issue but something else.

Try run "gdb kstars" then press enter "run" command and wait until kstars crash. Then use "bt" command to get backtrace and post it here.
2 years 4 months ago #82948

What is important is available not free. Linux just keeps any read/writen file in memory cache until it is knocked out by program allocating some memory or by other read/write operation.
You can clear this memory cache by running "echo 3 | sudo tee /proc/sys/vm/drop_cache"
2 years 4 months ago #82952

• Thank you received: 12
Hi Nou

that’s what I was getting at. The top command wasn’t showing any actual change in the memory used by kstars etc. Unfortunately I didn’t have chance to let it run to see if kstars/ekos crashed once all the memory & swap had been used up.
2 years 4 months ago #82954

No free command is fine. I just wanted to make sure that your log is from that free command and something else.

But that Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect remind me that there was issue with sound notification. After a while kstars process run out of available file descriptors and crashed. I am not sure if it was fixed but go and disable all sound nofitication in Kstars Settings->Notification settings.There is play triangle next to them.
2 years 4 months ago #82971

KStars/EKOS crashing when imaging; Astroberry, RPi 4-4GB - INDI Forum

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.084 seconds