INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Download version 1.8.2

• Thank you received: 10

Download version 1.8.2 was created by Frank

Hello,
I've updated SM to 1.8.3.
But now, I've some problems with PHD2 and the focuser EAF.
Is-it possible to "downgrade" the version to 1.8.2 (no problems with this version) ?
Thank you,
Frank
3 months 1 week ago #101081

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by Tracy Perry on topic Download version 1.8.2

AFAIK, there is no downgrade path other than saving your settings and any captures to external media and then doing a re-install.
If you have having hardware issues, I would encourage you to submit a ticket at the StellarMate site so that Jasem and company can check it out. I had a similar issue not to long ago on an upgrade and the Pegasus Falcon rotator. Jasem was able to remote in and find the issue and get the fix in the pipeline for release (not to mention fixing it on my unit itself).
It's one reason I've gotten really hesitant to run any updates once I have a stable system. Generally there are no issues, but invariably for me they show up when least wanted.

Which EAF are you having issues with?
Having fun learning about the cosmos.
I also run an astrophotography site as a hobby.
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Tracy Perry.
3 months 1 week ago #101093

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by Frank on topic Download version 1.8.2

Hello Tracy,
About my EAF (v1 ZWO). I need to have a capture of 3s or 4s (ASI1600MC) to generate a frame.
If I use a capture of 1s, the capture is done, but I don't see the frame. And so, the EAF can't solve the solution.

My second problem is the guiding. I use a ASI224MC with an OAG (Quattro 200/800 and EQ6).PHD2 move the star (so, the communication with the mouint is correct) but after a moment, PHD2 stop the process and says that the star has not moved enough.
Is it a problem with my optical trains ?
Frank
3 months 1 week ago #101099

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by Tracy Perry on topic Download version 1.8.2

I personally don't use PHD2 so I can't respond to any questions about it. I just use the internal guide functions from KStars native.

AS for the capture, have you tried new cables?
Have you tried hooking the ASI1660MC up to a Windows desktop and seeing if it will perform a 1s capture using the ZWO software?
The EAF should not be having anything to do with the time it takes your system to capture a frame.

Honestly... when I have issues like this I just copy my capture data off to external media and then blow out a new image of whatever version I want to use. If the issue continues with it then I know it's a hardware issue.
I have 1.7.7, 1.7.8, 1.7.9, 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 kept on my computer and a thumb drive in case I want to install one of the older ones. Which reminds me.. I probably need to go ahead and download 1.8.3 also to add to the group.
Having fun learning about the cosmos.
I also run an astrophotography site as a hobby.
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Tracy Perry.
3 months 1 week ago #101110

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds