INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indilib.org site outage

• Thank you received: 2
Sorry, to hear that. So the problem still persists. Whatever the reason, perhaps you like to try this workaround?

You can use the 'tor browser' to connect through another country. That will route the traffic through a few other countries, and you can also change that route randomly if it is blocked. The tor browser is slow, but it should work (unless tor is illegal or blocked in your country). Or, you can try to use a VPN to another country.
3 months 4 weeks ago #100882

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Steve Cohen on topic indilib.org site outage

It's something to do with the site's hosting provider, nothing else. This according to Jasem Mutlaq who, though he is an administrator of the site is himself unable to reach it. They are working on a new site which should be ready in a few weeks.

www.stellarmate.com/support/view-tickets...w=ticket&id=507#1765
3 months 4 weeks ago #100885

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by Tracy Perry on topic indilib.org site outage

Just a note. Linking to a Stellarmate ticket on their site will do no good, even for others that are licensed of StellarMate (OS or device) users there. That ticket is specific to your account. ;)
And yeah, if Jasem can't get it, it's pretty much assured (especially after this latest down period that was due to more than a routing issue) there is a hosting provider problem.
I don't know who they host with, nor the type of hosting that is provided (shared, VPS or dedicated server). I've ran into similar issues with one hosting provider in the past. And when I ran into it and they could not get it fixed in a reasonable amount of time, I already had a backup VPS instance up and running and waiting just in case that was what turned out.
That's why I keep regular backups and can have my site up and running in another hosting environment in about 2 hours of work at a comfortable pace. If I want to rush, I can do it in about 30-45 minutes- the longest part being extracting the files from the archive into the new site then importing the SQL database.
Having fun learning about the cosmos.
I also run an astrophotography site as a hobby.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Cohen
3 months 4 weeks ago #100889

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Steve Cohen on topic indilib.org site outage

Didn’t realize that about StellarMate issues.

I’ve worked on web sites but never from the perspective of hiring and working with hosting providers or being responsible for keeping them up so your perspective is interesting.
3 months 4 weeks ago #100890

Time to create page: 2.231 seconds