ubuntu ppa repository failure

Release date is July 29th
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat
2 years 2 months ago #84490

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Thank you very much for your answer.
This should also work on A RPI running on ubuntu server with a mate desktop ? I found information only for raspbian OS.

Cheers,
Blaise
2 years 2 months ago #84492

ubuntu ppa repository failure - Page 2 - INDI Forum - Results from #12
  • Thank you received: 41

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

There are also a lot of discontinuities on github’s instructions to compile. A lot of missing packages.
2 years 2 months ago #84555

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

• Thank you received: 5
Actually, for me, installing from the nightly works, even if some drivers are broken ( in particular, PlayerONE cameras do not work any more, at least for me). Also, compiling from source works.

I think we have to be a little bit patient until the next stable release is out... if I'm correct, that should happen on the 29th of July.
2 years 2 months ago #84576

I tried to install from source, and I got issues with the camera drivers (ZWO) on both computer and RPI (ubuntu server 20.04.4 LTS 32-bit with mate desktop environment). If I wait the next release, what is the cleanest way to remove the indi package that I built from source ? Any tips ?
2 years 2 months ago #84579

Probably is not what you want to hear... but I simply erased the whole HD and started from a fresh Ubuntu install. But maybe a make uninstall works... Or even more Hocus Pocus techniques like: stackoverflow.com/questions/1439950/what...tall-a-library-in-li
2 years 2 months ago #84580

Did you try using the script I posted a few message above? However a prerequisite is starting from a clean system or the combination of missing dependancies and wrong version libraries can result in a huge mess... and with huge a mean really huge

P.S. However, this thread made me think that with new equipment (I just put together everything to get my feet wet with mono) comes either bad weather or a maelstrom of broken drivers with KStars ;-)
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Massimo.
2 years 2 months ago #84581

I believe that this would be my last option... I'm gonna reformat the drive and try to compile from scratch.
2 years 2 months ago #84582

Thanks, that's exactly what I didn't want to read :lol: . But I already consider this option for a RPI it is quiet fast.
2 years 2 months ago #84583

Time to create page: 0.855 seconds