INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QObject Crashes Ekos Several Times per Night

• Thank you received: 0
I have been struggling with this issue ever since upgrading to the latest version of Astroberry with new Kstars/Ekos/PHD2. Looking through the logs, it mostly seems to happen immediately after Download complete, but the file is not present where it is expected, I just get this error as the last entry in the logs:
[2022-01-08T03:41:09.947 EST WARN ][                       default] - QObject::~QObject: Timers cannot be stopped from another thread

Sounds are all disabled, I did get similar errors in the past that seemed related to Phonon issue, but I have disabled sounds for all notifications.

I would run the ekos debugger, but I haven't found instructions for how to get that installed and compiled on astroberry, when I try to install using sudo apt-get install ekos-debugger, there is nothing to install.

Attached the most recent crash log, hoping someone can help me get past this.

Thanks
2 years 8 months ago #79208
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114
ekos-debugger is AFAIK just script to run kstars under normal gdb. So you can try run it manually. Run "gdb kstars" from terminal. Then press r enter to start kstars from debugger. When it crash you can use "backtrace" command to get stack so we know where it does crash.
2 years 8 months ago #79212

• Thank you received: 2

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

• Thank you received: 13
I get this problem as well using a ZWO ASI2600MM Pro and had it for some time despite running on a 8gb Pi 4 and updating/re-installing astroberry, changing cables and power supplies. Very infuriating especially as it is unpredictable. I do hope the developers have this bug as top priority because it makes the system unusable. I have read reports of a couple of possible solutions:

Try disabling sounds for messages in Kstars settings. It got rid of the last warning messages in the log relating to QT GUI which I think the QObject ones relate to. However this didn't fix the problem for me. Kstars still crashes.
Disable the FITS viewer. I am reluctant to do this as I use it! Not tested this workaround yet.

Yesterday I took about 150 calibration bias images during the day without a crash! Last night I started Light imaging and it kept crashing after one or two images! I suspect the problem may relate to using the imaging camera for alignment and/or focussing before imaging. My hunch is resources are not cleaned up between EKOS modules say going from focussing to imaging bearing in mind the user can prematurely stop focussing and alignment before they complete which I have to do sometimes.
2 years 5 months ago #82137

Time to create page: 3.477 seconds