Getting all the Telescopes and Cameras

• Thank you received: 13

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I edited my text to fix a typo, and when I submitted it again it lost the <code></code> formatting. Seems like a bug in the message board system.

Ah, figured it out. Editing the message changed [code] to <code> which is not right. I fixed it.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Bill Tschumy.
1 year 9 months ago #88912

Getting all the Telescopes and Cameras - INDI Forum

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

OK, I *think* I have figured this out. It looks like the driver information for a device, in particular device.getDriverInterface(), is not valid until you have received a newProperty() notification for the property "DRIVER_INFO".

If in the body of that notification you ask for getDriverInterface(), you get back valid information and can determine what class of device this is.

It seems to me that the documentation should note that the various queries about the driver are invalid until this newProperty notification has happened.
1 year 9 months ago #89042

• Thank you received: 0
Hello Bill, Could you mind giving me a valid demo about how to list all devices in indi client, I am also meeting these problems.
1 year 4 months ago #92798

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Sorry I was traveling and just saw this. But you already figured it out. Basically DRIVER_INFO contains information about the driver interfaces. This is usually the most reliable way to identify the device types/subtypes are reported by INDI.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Lee
1 year 4 months ago #92816

There is the c++ demo running error:

INDI::BaseClient::connectServer: creating new connection...
Found camera: Nikon DSLR DSC D5100 (PTP mode)
Segmentation fault
1 year 4 months ago #92947

Can you debug it and post the backtrace?
1 year 4 months ago #93000

Time to create page: 0.672 seconds