QHY183M not detected

• Thank you received: 1

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic QHY183M not detected

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

QHY183M not detected - INDI Forum

Replied by Niko Kivel on topic QHY183M not detected

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic QHY183M not detected

Ok QHY just confirmed that the QHY183M is still not supported on Linux, but they're working on adding support soon. Will let you know once an updated SDK is available.
6 years 7 months ago #22935

Thanks for letting me know
6 years 7 months ago #22939

• Thank you received: 5
I was just thinking about buying the same camera. Lucky me got to search in the forum :)

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk
6 years 5 months ago #24687

Replied by Niko Kivel on topic Re:QHY183M not detected

It seems as if they are working on the driver. Last news are now 2 weeks old and the report was something like "I try to do it asap", which is pretty much worthless in terms of a timeline. But, I'm not complaining, I haven't seen the sky in the last 5 month for more than 3 consecutive hours :(
6 years 5 months ago #24711

183 is already supported in INDI now.
6 years 5 months ago #24734

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Jan on topic QHY183M not detected

Niko,
the QHY183M is not implemented yet inside the 2.0 release. The driver supports the QHY183C camera only. We are working on that, so I suppose to finish it soon. Also, there still is problem with QHY128C camera and I work to fix this too.
Please note, we are reworking qhyccd driver, so please be patient...
Thank you,
Jan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Niko Kivel
6 years 5 months ago #24746

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Jan on topic QHY183M not detected

Hi all,
based on reading of your messages, I would like to add the following:
The original qhy driver worked mostly for Windows, but there was a little support for Linux and Mac. The driver was and still is a combination of classical programming in C and basic OOP techniques in C++. This combination is very difficult to understand because you change some part of the code somewhere and this has an influence on other part(s) of the code. I will not go to the details, so what we are doing now is moving the code to follow the OOP rules.
Since version 2.0.0, there is, for example, quite new detection and support for multiple cameras. The driver should support up to 5 cameras now. This still requires a litte modification when user unplug some camera on the fly and plug another one. The driver itself utilizes asynchronous support (bulk transfer) from libusb including multithreaded support from linux, so it has to be done very carefully.
The main problem is, that I have to support all previously released driver's I/O funtions and do all changes behind that scene to be fully backware compatible. These are reasons, why it goes not so fast I would like to do... The good thing is that I have mostly all QHYCCD cameras to my stock, which helps with development very much.
Thanks for your understanding.
Jan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ales
6 years 5 months ago #24747

Time to create page: 4.709 seconds