INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Possible bug with indi_celestron_gps PEC Upload / Monitoring

• Thank you received: 6
Hi, when experimenting with PEC on a CGEM DX, I found out two behaviors that might be bugs, but I wanted to ask if any of this is expected
1) This mount was never trained before. I recorded 12 periods, averaged them externally, then uploaded the averaged CSV via the Load command in the driver. PEC did not appear to correct after Index seeking and Playback. The day after, I connected to the mount using Celestron PECTool as well as OpenPecTool and both reported garbled data in the mount PEC Memory. Uploading the data with those tools, disconnecting, reconnecting and downloading from the mount reported correct programming of the mount instead. I am not sure how to diagnose the driver's programming command, becuase the driver is missing a "Download from Mount" command, which would be useful to verify correct programming.

2) Although I can confirm the Seek Index command is working correctly, I could not verify that the PEC Playback command is correctly sent, because the driver and the handcontroller do not seem to "see" each other's action:
  • if i start playback from the Hand Controller, the driver does not report Playback ON
  • if i start playback from the Driver, the Hand Controller, as far as I can tell, doesn't report Playback ON because the first option it presents when pressing Enter is ON. If it had read it as ON, the first option should be OFF
Any of this rings a bell?

-A possible way for me to troubleshoot is to use OpenPecTool in parallel, but I have a question: can I use the TTYUSB serial in OpenPecTool at the same time as connecting Indi, or else Indi wants exclusivity on the serial port?
Thanks.
4 months 3 weeks ago #100588

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds