Manual slewing on EQ6-R Pro using built in USB port results in slewing forever

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

• Thank you received: 0

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102
Well that's disappointing. It is definitely working a lot better for me with this change, although I could only test during the day. It is now raining outside.

A log with timestamps would probably help. Thanks!
2 years 3 weeks ago #85871

I'm able to replicate the problem even with my fix, by rapidly double and triple clicking the direction buttons. So far the only reliable fix has been to add a delay after every command. I'll keep investigating...
2 years 3 weeks ago #85887

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Also, just another observation: even with the global delay, the slewing problem is definitely better but not completely gone. I experimented with the mount quite extensively today. Turns out, even with the global delay, I'm seeing the mount go out of control in about one in 4 to 5 manual slews.
2 years 3 weeks ago #85896

Well, removing all my changes, and just adding a small delay after the StartMotor command, in the SlewDE and SlewRA methods, improves stability without impacting guiding.

However, there's something wrong with the mount control dialog in Ekos I think. It seems to be missing some key presses, resulting in occasional runaway behavior. The logs show the driver is receiving a start command from ekos, but no corresponding stop command (sometimes). I also see sometimes multiple stop commands in a row, with no corresponding start command. So something is definitely wrong there.

I think this might run deeper than the amount of time I have right now to dedicate to tracking this down.

May I suggest not using manual slewing for now? :D
Last edit: 2 years 3 weeks ago by Kevin Ross.
2 years 3 weeks ago #85897

Of course!! Thank you so much for your help so far. This is really helpful. I'm also more familiar with the indi-eqmod code base now that I can keep tweaking it if I have time. I have mostly got rid of my manual slew needs. About the only time it's necessary is occasionally the mount would wrongfully believe it is pointed below the horizon, therefore refusing to turn on tracking, which in turn prevent the alignment module from syncing to plate solving solutions. But I can slew from my desktop. It looks like it's my iPad setup that is causing the spurious second slew which is really the cause of the problem.

Thank you again! I wish there is a way I can send you a beer :)
2 years 3 weeks ago #85899

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds