KStars on latest Raspberry Pi OS

• Thank you received: 571
I tried upgrading to the latest release of Raspberry Pi OS, released Dec 2 www.raspberrypi.org/software/operating-systems/
and am having two blocking issues.
  • My QHY guide camera doesn't seem to connect (and qhy_ccd_test fails saying no camera found). All other devices connect.
  • I can't seem to setup the udev persistent serial ports for my mount and focuser like I used to indilib.org/support/tutorials/157-persis...al-port-mapping.html So in order to connect to the mount and focuser, I need to specify e.g. /dev/ttyUSB0 /dev/ttyUSB1 which may flip.
When I switch back to my old SDCard, with the older Raspberry Pi OS, everything works fine.

Anyone else seeing this, or better, anyone have a suggestion for how to fix?
Thanks,
Hy

PS The reason I tried to upgrade was I was trying to attach an inexpensive SSD to my RPi. Booting off of USB is now standard in the Raspberry Pi OS, and that worked flawlessly.
3 years 9 months ago #64142

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15

No issue at all with all my devices in latest raspbian OS, released Dec 2. Even my ASI120MC USB2.0 and my qhy168C also connected. All my udev rules running fine too.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Tom.
3 years 9 months ago #64147
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 17
I am also running the latest Kstars release 3.5.0 on a newly updated SD card (RPi 4), for the first time with equipment. And I have had some quirkiness starting up (I copied all my home directories from another working SD with Kstars 3.4.3). Kstars crashed a couple of times (randomly) when imaging with the ZWO533. The solves and syncs using the ZWO120 were fine, a little slower than when I ran things on the Laptop. I had an issue with the mount, a Dome simulator kept showing up in the mount configuration and it would not moved if the dome was locked. I have to keep blanking that out in the options tab. After several crashes and restarting Kstars it seems to have settled down? No problem moving to a target, and imaging for multiple minutes, now. I also tried PHD2 for guiding and it seems to be working well also.

I have crash logs, I will look at them later.

Ron
3 years 9 months ago #64151

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

• Thank you received: 15
Hmmm..... Weird there.

BTW, I will still stick to my stable RPI4 4GB system from now on. Not planning to change it. My reason for not changing rpi4 4gb to 8gb board is because of ASI120MC guide cam. :)

Hope you can settle everything soon.
3 years 9 months ago #64181

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

KStars on latest Raspberry Pi OS - INDI Forum
  • Thank you received: 0

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

• Thank you received: 182
sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade

is actually part of the script I am using whenever I complile indi and kstars from the source. Just so to make sure that all dependencies and drivers are always up-to-date.
3 years 9 months ago #64306

• Thank you received: 0
it looks like your kernel version and module versions are the same. I’m not an authority on linux, i’ll admit. But, as El Corazon says, ‘just to make sure.’
It could be there is some other dependency not satisfied, so i would try an update and full-grade. As always, WMMV.

Tim
3 years 9 months ago #64545

FWIW, full-upgrade is a pretty heavy hammer to use in a script like this.
It may upgrade the OS, if a new version is available, which can take an hour or two.
3 years 9 months ago #64564

Time to create page: 0.608 seconds