INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] Camera errors after last upgrade

• Thank you received: 0
For almost a year, I have been running indiserver/ekos without any issues to drive a Player One Uranus-C uncooled camera (plus a Star Adventurer GTi mount). The camera is connected to a Raspberry Pi 4 with 8GB RAM running Ubuntu 22.04 that acts as an indi server, and I connect remotely to it via port-forwarding over wired ethernet from a client host pc running kstars/ekos gui (this client host is a laptop also on Ubuntu 22.04, with the same versions of ekos/kstars).

After upgrading indi/kstars to the latest versions (both on the RPi4 indi server and the client PC), my Player One Uranus-C camera's temperature no longer appears on the Indi control panel. Instead, the indi control panel shows cooling settings for this uncooled camera (it seems that indi/lib thinks that this uncooled Player One Uranus-C camera is a cooled one). Also, the camera's temperature shows up momentarily in the logs when ekos first connects, but after that the logs fill up with this constantly repeating error message (one message every second):

<code> PlayerOne CCD Uranus-C : "[ERROR] Failed to get perc power information (POA_ERROR_INVALID_CONFIG). "</code>

A log file is attached.

Both the indi server RPi4 and the client host PC are running Ubuntu 22.04 with the same indi/ekos/kstars versions, apt-upgraded yesterday to the latest versions as follows:

indi-bin and libindi1: Old working version was 2.0.3, it went up to v2.0.7.
indi-playerone: Old working version was 1.10; it went up to v1.13.
libplayerone: Old working version was 1.6; it went up to v1.9
kstars-bleeding: Old working version was 3.6.6; it went up to v3.7.0.

The issue started after this upgrade, and remains even if I run the latest indi/ekos locally on a single machine.

I will be reverting back to the old versions for now, but any help in diagnosing the issue (caused by the upgrade) will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Scorpy Dasgupta. Reason: minor clarification
4 months 1 week ago #100761
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 70
You may try deleting the .xml files under your $HOME/.indi/ folder to reset them to defaults.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scorpy Dasgupta
4 months 1 week ago #100774

Thank you - I deleted the entire ~/.indi directory and that helped quite a bit. The errors are now gone.

But the Player One Uranus-CCD Indi Control Panel is still missing the temperature display that used to be there before my apt upgrade. I also have a ZWO ASI120MM Mini camera, and its Indi Control Panel shows the temperature.
4 months 6 days ago #100802

• Thank you received: 70
I believe this maybe a reported issue.

github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/issues/919
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scorpy Dasgupta
4 months 6 days ago #100805

Thank you again Aaron for the pointer to that github page .

My Player One Uranus-C is uncooled but it certainly looks like the same issue.

I will try to compare (a) compiling from source vs (b) using ubuntu ppa packages (and update the github page with relevant information, if any).
4 months 6 days ago #100807

The issue disappeared after I compiled from source over a fresh install of Ubuntu 22.04 headless server (no desktop) on an 8GB RPi4. Equipment was attached locally to the RPi4, and I ran kstars on the RPi4 with a remote X display (i.e., logged in to the RPi 4 via ssh -X from a remote X machine and ran kstars).

The github issue page (status now closed) says things should be cleaned up and fixed in the next release 2.0.8 due June 1, so this thread is now solved.

Thanks again to Aaron Morris for the help.
Last edit: 4 months 21 hours ago by Scorpy Dasgupta. Reason: Mark subject as SOLVED
4 months 21 hours ago #100840

Time to create page: 0.757 seconds