INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

launch Indiserver on linux laptop

• Thank you received: 0

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Bump up

Any idea? The only suggestion I can find around is about launching "indiserver", but as I wrote I get an error message.

I feel like it should be something pretty easy for an experienced user or developer (like the ones in this forum) to help with, even with just a link to a guide (maybe I'm not reading the right tutorials).

Thanks in advance for your time
1 year 4 months ago #92447

• Thank you received: 113
if you are using eqmod maybe you haven't installed the eqmod driver (which doesn't come with libindi as it lives in the 3rd party drivers)
1 year 4 months ago #92471

• Thank you received: 134
If you get messages about launching drivers, indiserver is (most likely) running. If in the profile editor the Mode: is 'Local', EKOS will launch it. Verify this (from a console/terminal) using 'ps aux | grep indiserver'.
So it means it cannot talk to the mount controller.
I don't have an EQ6, only an Vixen GP-DX with EQ3/5 upgrade kit. For that one I either need the synscan driver to go via the hand controller, or an EQDIR cable that connects to the port where usually the hand controller is plugged in.
You mention the mount has a serial port. Are you sure you need the EQDIR and not just a simple USB-to-serial converter?
1 year 4 months ago #92501

Time to create page: 0.640 seconds