INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

PHD Guiding "Settling error" after meridien flip

• Thank you received: 0

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.

Did you find a solution ?

Vincent
2 years 9 months ago #78036

Hi, I dont have this issue since some time, either because I now use scheduler - I do it since a couple of monthes - either since the last Ekos update, not sure :-) There have been too few clear nights, here where I live, these last monthes, to be sure :-/
2 years 9 months ago #78042

Thank you for your response.
I've installed the latest version and I will test again.
Vincent
2 years 9 months ago #78062

• Thank you received: 11
I had this very issue the other day with the latest INDI build, KStars (which shouldn't matter) and PHD2.

The mount flipped just fine, moved to the target as expected, restarted guiding and then suddenly aborted saying guider failed to settle.

From my past experience using SGP under Windows I remember that the guider settling time was a setting maintained within SGP and passed to PHD2, so I assume it should be the case with Ekos as well.

Having fine through guiding related options, I have only found one settling parameter — the one under the Dithering tab.

Would anyone be able to confirm the logic here? Is the Dithering tab settling parameter used after the flip? And also, whatever the time limit is, what is the exact condition Ekos is waiting for? (I assume it should be waiting for guiding error to "settle" below some threshold for some time)
10 months 1 week ago #97154

• Thank you received: 11
Update: I think I found what looks to be the right guider settling configuration.
It's in the general Ekos options (accessible from either the Setup Ekos tab -> Options... button or from the main KStars Preferences).
In the Ekos section there is the Capture tab, where in the Miscellaneous section there is a parameter called just that: "Guiding settle". Mine was at the default value of 5s, so I have increased it to 15s to see how it works out next time.
10 months 1 week ago #97160

Time to create page: 0.841 seconds