[SOLVED] Kstars keeps crashing

[SOLVED] Kstars keeps crashing - Page 2 - INDI Forum - Results from #12

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Kstars keeps crashing

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 54

Replied by Gilles Gagnon on topic Kstars keeps crashing

Thanks for the patch. I can give it a try and report if building kstars is not too involved for my machine.

Keep you posted ASAP.

Gilles
4 years 4 weeks ago #58879

OK, after sorting through a package that had changed name in Ubuntu Mate 20.04 LTS (kio), and waiting over 3.5 hours for kstars to build on my ODroid C4 (doesn't like "make -j 8" or even "make -j 4" so I had to "make" -> SLOW) I started kstars and, unfortunately, the patch did not help, the problem persisted. Too bad as I was hopeful things would work. Anyway, I re-ran kstars from the EKOS debugger and have attached the debug zip file for examination.

Thanks again for all the help on this issue.

Gilles
4 years 4 weeks ago #58896
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic Kstars keeps crashing

Stupid question: How do I start Ekos with debugger activated and where are the logs?
4 years 4 weeks ago #58897

You don't need to start Ekos the an activated debugger. 'ekosdebugger' takes care of that.

Once you install ekos-debugger, you can start it (ekosdebugger, no hyphen) and it will open a window with 2 tabs, one for kstars and the other for INDI where you select the setup you want to debug (mount, guide, observatory..., profile, etc...). You start kstars and the debugging process pressing the 'play' button (top left). kstars will start soon after that. You then do whatever is needed to reproduce the problem you want to debug and once kstars crashes, the log files will have been generated and can be saved by pressing the 'disk' button on the top right.

Great tool for someone like me, not used to debugging.

Hope this help.
4 years 4 weeks ago #58900
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Joshua R on topic Kstars keeps crashing

is it possible to start kstars, indi and all the devices separately from the console? If so how to do it.
I'm looking for a temporarily workaround.
4 years 4 weeks ago #58915

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Kstars keeps crashing

Please check your email.
4 years 4 weeks ago #58917
  • Thank you received: 134

Just start kstars as usual, but edit your profile and remove the hook at "Auto Connect". Then start INDI, and the INDI control window will show up. There you can connect devices one by one. That should work both for local and remote setups....
4 years 3 weeks ago #58920

Is it also possible to connect the devices one by one thru a script manually?
4 years 3 weeks ago #58923

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

• Thank you received: 134

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Thanx a lot
4 years 3 weeks ago #58934
  • Thank you received: 0

Time to create page: 1.087 seconds