Kstars crashes when Ekos connects to simulators

• Thank you received: 1
Hello, so after Getting Ekos set up properly on my Rock Pi 4 I’ve got another issue going on.

I have not installed any 3rd party drivers yet to INDI, I am just trying to test the setup with the CCD, Telescope and Focuser simulators. When I connect ekos to the INDI server, the whole kstars application crashes. I know this is not a lot of information to troubleshoot on - is there a log file located somewhere that I could post?

I have verified that INDI is working properly (I think) because when I launch the INDI web manager, the simulators connect to the INDI server just fine. I can connect to the Rock Pi with a INDI client on my laptop and it’s talking to all the Simulator gear OK. I can even use the device manager in kstars tool menu to connect the simulators manually one by one - and system reports they are connected without any issues. It’s only when I launch Ekos and click connect to profile that everything crashes.

Appears to be an issue with my installation of kstars/Ekos - which is maybe not so surprising since I built from source myself.

Anyways, any input appreciated !

Best
Matt
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Matt.
5 years 9 months ago #32262

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

run it via gdb and find out what crashes it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt
5 years 9 months ago #32263

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

In case it is related, I should also mention that the buttons inside Ekos have no icons. See the attached screen shot.

Thanks
Matt
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Matt.
5 years 9 months ago #32272
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 140
Also,the one button that is showing is incorrect.... :( very odd indeed...
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by AstroNerd.
5 years 9 months ago #32273

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds