KStars hangs when stopping my indi driver in FIFO indi server.

• Thank you received: 0
So I've coded an indi driver for my arduino based DIY focuser. It works well except when I stop the driver in my server that is running in FIFO mode. Kstars hangs at this point. This only happens if I've actually connected to the device at least once. The starting and stopping the driver without connecting to the device works as expected. The UI panels in KStars update just as they should. But when I have connected (and optionally disconnected) to the device, KStars will hang upon stopping the driver in the server. I've noticed this same behaviour with some other drivers too like indi_eqmod_telescope for example. Some other drivers don't experience this same problem like indi_atik_ccd for example. I'm wondering if there's some clean up stuff I need to code into my driver upon disconnect to get rid of this problem? It's not really a show stopper but would be nice to get it working smoothly. Any ideas?

EDIT: detail of my system:
- Indi server is running on a Raspberry Pi 2 using fairly recent indi build from git.
- Kstars (bleeding) is running on my ubuntu 16.04 laptop. Also fairly recent indi build from git.

Cheers,
Kari
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Kari Brown.
7 years 2 weeks ago #19206

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 weeks ago #19218

I am not entirely sure but to me this seems more like a KStars / Ekos problem. The indi server keeps running and I can re-connect to it after I've killed and restarted KStars. Happy to help to debug this if you have any ideas where to start looking?

Cheers,
Kari
7 years 1 week ago #19295

KStars hangs when stopping my indi driver in FIFO indi server. - INDI Forum

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

well, it seems there is deadlock happening between the client manager and Ekos, but I wasn't able to reproduce it using the simulators. I will try later with a "real" focuser and will see if that makes any difference.
7 years 1 week ago #19358

Thanks Jasem. I'll see if I can reproduce this with my other devices too. I have a feeling eqmod telescope might do it as well. Will confirm later.

Ta,
K
7 years 1 week ago #19359

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds