INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Polar Align Assist never completes its run

That was fixed long ago. What OS are you on? version? Logs?
6 years 7 months ago #22696

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19
Hi!
I am on Lubuntu 17.10 on an quite old HP Pavillon Notebook.
KStars Build 2017-12-2T08:39:58Z
I don´t know were to find logs, ´cause i am totally new to Linux and KStars...
Maybe my Setup is neccesary too.
I am on an EQ6-R via Handbox and PC Direct Mode on the Laptop (RS232-USB Adapter) EQ-Mod Driver
Skywatcher Newton f/5 150/750mm
Canon EOS 5DMarkIII-a via USB
Cheers
Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by the.cakemaker.
6 years 7 months ago #22699

My signature has an answer to your question!
The following user(s) said Thank You: the.cakemaker
6 years 7 months ago #22709

Hi there.

Funny... since i look in this forum most of the time in tapatalk, i could not see your signature :)
I will switch on logging the next time i can try the alignment, when weather is ok.
Cheers
Niki

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
6 years 7 months ago #22716

Hi!

Today i will have time and CS to test whats the prob with the Polar alignment crashing to desktop.

I just wanted to know WHICH of the loggings i should check...

I checked alignment now, but is this the right one?
Should i check all of them?

cheers
Niki
6 years 7 months ago #23287
Attachments:

Hi there!

Managed to provocate another two crashes.
I activated logging, and i hope i checked the right boxes.

So here is my Log.

The System i am on is a LUBUNTU distribution with only KStars installed. Its an qite old Intel Celeron Laptop (HP Pavillon)
The EQ6-R and the Canon EOS 5D MarkIII are both connected direct to the laptop via USB.
So far almost everything is working without problems. Only after the last Picture when i am doing the Polar alignment, the whole thing crashes to desktop without a message.

Maybe someone here knows what the problem is.

cheers
Niki
6 years 7 months ago #23290
Attachments:

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Tried today again.
I don´t know what i changed, but today it worked.
I will try the procedure the other day again, maybe i can provocate the crash again, but today it worked the first time...

Cheers
Niki
6 years 7 months ago #23318

Maybe, because with the last version it works, tis thread could be closed?
6 years 5 months ago #24713

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds