Not saving frames from Nikon d5500 when set with "native" mode

• Thank you received: 23
I am experimenting with a client setup connected to my Nikon d5500.

I have a Raspberry PI 3 connected to my d5500, the server started using the web interface set up with a Nikon DSLR. I spin up Ekos in a VM on my mac, connect as a client to the pi, start the indi server, and connect to the camera- all is well. Preview works, everything looks as it should.

When I try to take actual shots - that is the part isn't working how I want. When I have the camera settings set to FITS with compression off and take a real shot (sequence of 1) it downloads fine - takes about 80 seconds to transfer and save to the VM that Ekos is running on. When I switch to FITS/Compressed it takes about 60 seconds. In each case it saves the file to the specified directory.

If I switch to native instead of FITS the time to download drops down to about 20 seconds- but all it does is open up the Nikon DSLR viewer - it doesn't automatically save the file. Is there a setting that I am missing? I would really rather post-process these on the faster machine than on the PI.

Thanks,

-jamie
7 years 10 months ago #11028

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Does it generate an NEF file or what?
7 years 10 months ago #11037

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

What are you capturing? RAW? JPEG? I believe Nikon produces NEF files for RAW hence I asked. But it appears you are using JPEG since an image is being displayed and I don't have any code to handle NEF.
7 years 10 months ago #11060

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Will be releasing a new version of KStars soon that would handle NEF as well. Maybe later today.
7 years 10 months ago #11072

I will keep an eye out - what is the best way to pick up updates? apt-get upgrade?
7 years 10 months ago #11073

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds