Meade DSIPro III connection error

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

• Thank you received: 0

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 29
It's possible that nobody has ever tried to use a DSI III Pro with the INDI driver before.

The data that you collected is excellent. After a little googling, it looks like the DSI III Pro uses the ICX285AL, which an active pixel array of 1360x1024. Even the total pixel array (1434x1050) doesn't quite match what the logs seem to indicate. I'll have to look at the code to be sure. But, I suspect that you're on the right track that the issue is the driver trying to download more data than is available.

I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks,
Ben
4 years 3 days ago #60298

If you have the pcap, could you please attach it? I'm trying to figure out exactly how many bytes are actually available from the camera. I don't understand why the driver is trying to download 1536x1050 pixels...even after looking at the code.

One thing that I did realize is that the ICX285 sensors are progressive scan CCDs rather than interlaced like the rest of the DSI families use. This is handled in the code by only using the "odd" field and setting the "even" field to 0.

The user that added support for the DSI III cameras had the Color version, not the Pro...though I would expect this aspect to remain the same between those two.

Thanks,
Ben
4 years 3 days ago #60352

Hi,

The indi driver seems to behave like the windows driver. The only differences I could detect are :
  • The init phase is done twice on linux.
  • A call to "SET_EXP_MODE 01" is missing before the SET_ROW_COUNT_EVEN 0.
  • The parameter for "SET_GAIN" is "0" on windows, "3F" on linux.
  • The parameter for "SET_OFFSET" is "0" on windows, "7F" on linux.

I managed to patch the driver to correct these differences but I got the same error in the end.
Could it be that the firmware is different ?

Attached are the usb pcaps:
linux_1.pcap : firmware upload on linux
linux_2.pcap : driver initialization
win_1.pcap : firmware upload on windows
win_2.pcap : driver initialization and captures on windows.
4 years 3 days ago #60374
Attachments:

Hi,

I managed to dump the firmware loaded by the windows driver (in a VM) using the dumper program from github.com/rumengb/libdsi.
If I replace the original firmware hex file with the one attached here, the driver works perfectly.

Could you test if this firmware works also with older and color models ?

Thanks.
4 years 2 days ago #60376
Attachments:

Awesome, that's great! I can try it on my DSI Pro (I) later tonight.

-Ben
The following user(s) said Thank You: gwen0
4 years 2 days ago #60379

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Time to create page: 0.678 seconds