indi_sx_ccd not working

• Thank you received: 0

indi_sx_ccd not working was created by SB

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 174
Can you try to run sx_ccd_test and lsusb commands? Peter
8 years 1 week ago #10282

Replied by SB on topic indi_sx_ccd not working

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

It seems, that camera is detected, but doesn't communicate at all. I suppose it is VirtualBox problem, we had this kind of issues before. Can you try native Linux or at least some other virtualisation software? Peter
8 years 1 week ago #10284

I tried a native debian for two hours, but I was unable to install correctly indi in debian.
I also tried in other different virtualbox with ubuntu and the same occurred:
SBIG works fine, CoStar does not work.
On monday I will try again to install on a debian machine for test if "indiserver indi_sx_ccd" is working or not.
8 years 1 week ago #10288

indi_sx_ccd not working - INDI Forum

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Thank you for your response;
I will try to solve it and if I arrive to a solution, I will write it here.
Last edit: 8 years 5 days ago by SB.
8 years 5 days ago #10323

Thank you and let us know. Peter
8 years 4 days ago #10328

Hi, you don't need to make a driver, just sx_ccd_test. Try

cmake .
make sx_ccd_test

You omitted one zero in both numbers, there is actually 2 second timeout for command and 10 second for bulk download. This is plenty of time even for 16MPx SX-36 full frame download (tested). These 2,000 and 10,000 in SX driver are in miliseconds (libusb timeout) and 300,000 in SBIG driver is in microseconds (usleep delay) and means something different, you can't compare it.

In your particular case (sx_ccd_test execution) libusb_bulk_transfer in sxGetCameraModel (line 338) with 10 second timeout failed (libusb_control_transfer in the log is typo, my fault). There is no chance, that longer value can help, there is some other issue. If you want to try something, comment out the content of sxGetCameraModel() function (lines 328-348), maybe this command is not supported in this camera for some reason (we had this issue with sxGetFirmwareVersion before).

What software do you use on Windows and are you sure, that camera firmware is not reflashed to work with this software?
What libusb version do you have on your linux? Is camera connected to USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port? Is there some hub involved and is it powered?

Peter
8 years 4 days ago #10331

Time to create page: 2.059 seconds