INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI driver restart settings?

• Thank you received: 7
I have two ZWO cameras, ASI2600MM Pro and ASI174MM Mini.
Occasionally, capture hangs on primary camera. I am yet to figure out the root cause. It may be a USB hiccup or ZWO driver bug, who knows. But it goes like this most of the times. New exposure is started. Ekos waits for 30 minutes more than expected and declares that exposure hangs. Ekos restarts CCD driver. Ekos cranks its re-initialization procedures and starts a new exposure. KStars crashes.
Once I caught this in real time and watched how it crashes. Immediately after that I restarted KStars, without touching any devices or cables. I had to agree to kill and restart INDI. I reloaded the schedule and it successfully continued from there.
A couple of thoughts here. First, Ekos waits for too long before doing anything. I understand there is no single timeout value that everybody would like. Can I configure it somehow?
Second, restarting just one driver on the fly seems too tricky. Stopping the whole session, terminating INDI server, waiting for a configured time interval and restarting the schedule might be easier and work more reliable.
3 months 3 weeks ago #100930

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds