Ekos does not recognise ZWO USBST4 adapter

• Thank you received: 0

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

• Thank you received: 15
Hello,

Our rule is specific because a rule should target what we need activated. Some key fields for rules are embedded in the EEPROM of the device. We need the explicit values of idVendor, idProduct, and iProduct. These values are in the rule. The value iProduct is used to specifically identify the product.

Open Geany and the rule. Open a new terminal. Use this command:

lsusb -v | grep iProduct

Observe the value to the far right. Does it match with the stated value? If not, replace the value or remove the entire iProduct from the rule if lsusb says it is blank. Save. Reload the rules. Monitor. Plug and unplug. I thought it read what is in there.
4 years 2 months ago #56895

Hello,

Ok. This works fine. Looks like i added the "d". Let's look at two commands.

lsusb -v | grep iProduct

and

lsusb -v | grep idModel

I would like to see which one has data. I am thinking "ATTRS{Product}==“USBST4”," should be "ATTRS{idModel}==“USBST4”,".
4 years 2 months ago #56952

Ekos does not recognise ZWO USBST4 adapter - Page 3 - INDI Forum - Results from #24

Hello,

Our answer is there, USBST4. Remove “ZOW” from “ZOMUSBST4”. Save. Then reload rules.

The next commands to try are:

sudo udevadm info /dev/ttyACM0

If nothing, reboot or unplug and plugin the ZWO. The rule should be working now.
4 years 2 months ago #56966

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Hello,

Hmm... The command /dev/ttyACM* says to create a new ttyACM. Use: ls /dev/ttyACM*. The first 1 is ttyACM0. But, the command can create 1, 2, 3, or 4.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by John Robison.
4 years 2 months ago #56968

It doesn't seem so. '/dev/ttyACM0' just returns the same, that there is no such file or directory.
'ls /dev/ttyACM*' also does not return anything, because there is no ttyACM instance, not even one
4 years 2 months ago #56969

Hello,

sudo udevadm test /lib/udev/rules.d/99-ZWOUSBST4.rules

Missing or wrong syntax will get called out. This command will enumerate the rules.

I use rules to separate my USB GPS and USB AstroEQ devices from fighting over ttyAMA0. They cannot have that. It is a system device. AstroEQ uses ACM0 and GPS uses ACM1.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by John Robison.
4 years 2 months ago #56970

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.954 seconds