[SOLVED] Synscan mount connection delayed due to serial timeout errors

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

• Thank you received: 0

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Hi Jasem,

what is the difference of this cable to my RSR232-to-USB adaptor? The Picture looks pretty much the same as my Adaptor looks like. Just the variant for "EQ3, EQ5, HEQ5, AZEQ5, AZEQ6, EQ6R, EQ8" seems to be a direct USB-to-RJ45 that plugs directly in the handbox.

I will try to update the firmware. I hope this works because it is the black "old" version of the EQ6.

Thanks
Tobi
4 years 4 months ago #53539

Well, IIRC EQ6 has a 9 DPI connector, and EQ6-R has an RJ45? At any rate, you need a cable directly from MOUNT to USB, bypassing synscan controller completely. Then you can use EQMod driver which is a lot better than synscan driver.
4 years 4 months ago #53541

Ah okay, got this, thanks! So i do not use the Handbox anymore? I believe that all from date-config to alignment is made via the software then?

I will firstly try to update the firmware, if this does not work, i will try it with EQMod.

Tobi
4 years 4 months ago #53546

Good news! The Firmware-Update has done its job. Synscan driver does anyhow still throw the serial timeouts, but the mount reacts without delay. Also, the Celestron GPS driver tells me that guiding is supported now and connects via PHD2.

I think, I will stay with this config then. The EQDir is a nice idea, but i think it is way easier to do all the alignment with the handbox instead of using the Raspi. It should only be needed for Guiding, which should work now!

Thanks
Tobi
4 years 4 months ago #53615

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds