Cooling of CCD via pyindi

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

• Thank you received: 1

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 54

Replied by gehelem on topic Cooling of CCD via pyindi

Hi
Your asi120 is cooled ??
Gilles

Edit : reading too fast, didn't see the Atik :)
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by gehelem.
6 years 4 months ago #26235

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by dolguldur on topic Cooling of CCD via pyindi

Whenever I want to integrate a new feature to my python sequencer, I first start to read this page:
indilib.org/develop/developer-manual/101...ties.html#h2-general

Here, I see that there is the 'CCD_TEMPERATURE' property, which is of type Number, and is not readonly. It contains only one member which is "CCD_TEMPERATURE_VALUE". Of course, I guess you know that.

The next step is usually just to query/send the new value. To do so , I highly recommend you to use the class that you can find here:
github.com/GuLinux/indi-lite-tools/blob/...i_sequence/device.py

Then when you have instanciated your device, you can do something like this:
self.setNumber('CCD_TEMPERATURE', {'CCD_TEMPERATURE_VALUE': float(-30)}, sync=True, timeout=60)

In the device class, you can see that, setting the sync to true makes the client to wait for the server to update state to PyIndi.IPS_OK, PyIndi.IPS_IDLE. It has to be tested, but I guess that setting temperature may (or may not) return whenever the target temperature has been reached.

Good luck with coding you client.
Additional question, in your code, you wrote 'PyQtIndi.IndiClient' is it normal ? do you use a PyQt indiclient ?
6 years 4 months ago #26239

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Daniel on topic Cooling of CCD via pyindi

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds